Friday 21 February 2014

Exclusive Interview With David (Mr. NISM West)

David Taking A Photoshoot


360-Naija: Can you introduce yourself giving details of your background?
David: I am Oyekanmi Adedeji David, from a royal family in Ibokun, Osun State, first of 4 boys, based in Osun state. A graduate of microbiology, Osun State University, Osogbo and Nigeria International Super Model West Ambassador 2013. (NISM West)
                                                                                                                                                 360-Naija: When did you realize you could be a model?

David: Modelling has been my childhood aspiration, I've been working on myself, waiting for the right platform and opportunity.  I've got confidence in myself and chased my dreams and thanks to God, everything is working out for me. (Smiles)

360-Naija: What are your hobbies?
David: I love swimming, football and drawing


360-Naija: What’s your relationship status?
David: Single (smiles)

360-Naija: How would you describe your personal style, where do you pull your inspiration from?
David: Well I'm an easy going person, God fearing, hardworking, and always likes making a difference with whatever I find myself...
(Smiles)
Making a difference is always my preference...

360-Naija: When and where were you scouted?
David: April, 2012 at Ile-Ife by a friend, Dotun Thompson, CEO, Ville DEttiney.

360-Naija: What was your first runway job experience like?
David: It was challenging, I was super nervous but had to tell those nerves to go away, I gave it my all and I'm only looking forward to ma next job...
360-Naija: Are you signed to a modelling agency?
David: Yes, Brendance & Crusaders Ltd.

360-Naija: How does it feel like being an NISM West Ambassador?
David: Its Overwhelming and at the same time, calls for a sense of responsibility and hard work to be able to function effectively in ma office, a challenge which I'm ready to face, I'm thankful to God and to ma family and friends for believing in me.


360-Naija: What has been your favourite shoot / campaign / work to date?
David: Well my favourite shoot will be the cross gender shoot, in which a guy will dress in a girls outfit and will catwalk like a girl and vice versa, it was really hilarious and fun too...and on the project that I did in conjunction with the brand. Was for the motherless babies’ home in my home state, reaching out to the orphans and making them understand that everybody is equal and deserves to be loved.


360-Naija: Do you get to travel a lot for your work? If so what's your favourite city that you have visited?
David: Yes, I travel a lot for jobs, fashion shows, fashion events and my best state will be Cross River.

360-Naija: Do you ever get shy in front of the camera?
David: (Laughs) shy? I'm never shy...that's what the job is all about, the camera is your friend, smile at it so it can give you your best look, shot and I love being front of the camera and working with good camera men..

360-Naija: Is modelling an easy job or more strenuous than people realize? (How so)
David: (Smiles) well to me I’ll say it’s not strenuous, and it could be only for a lazy man, no job is easy, in as much as you love what you do, you leave the complaint aside and focus on achieving your goals....

360-Naija: Which modelling jobs have you been part of?
David: I was part of the Cocoa Heritage Mall Fashion show with Ville'd Ettiney, Beats of Style by Qhue Concepts, worked with different fashion designers the likes of Aramanda International, Fortress Clothing’s, Gorgeous Outfit and hoping to work with more




360-Naija: What's your plan this year?
David: The NISM Season 3 is coming up soon and being the west Ambassador, It is my duty to scout for promising and aspiring models, beautiful and handsome people with great intellect to participate in the event and show the world what they can do in order to kick off their modelling carrier or boost it.

360-Naija: What's your take on African fashion compared to international fashion?
David: Beautiful, creative and unique, we just need to believe in what Africa has to offer and invest more in it because even international icons love African fashion, for example Rio Ferdinand, Beyoncé to mention a few have rocked African attires time after time.

360-Naija: Are you impressed with your decision to be a model?
David: Affirmative, it’s prestigious and I'm making progress, thanks to God.

360-Naija: Tip for aspiring models and can you mention a rookie whos caught your attention?
David: Believe in yourself, follow your dreams and have good self-confidence. With hard work, dedication, and Prayers, the sky will only be your starting point.

No comments: