Wednesday 4 September 2013

Teenager Who Killed His Parents Got Inspiration From Video Games & Films

An American teenager Joshua Cooke is been jailed for 40years for murdering his parents. He was said to have murdered his parents by shooting them out of fun, an inspiration he received from video games and films. "I get regressed and feels like practicing when I watch films like matrix and play games like grand theft auto (GTA). 

When asked if there was any reason he had for killing his parents, he had this to say "When I asked my parents about my real parents, they just tell wave me off, I can remember my mother telling me to shut up on a particular occasion I asked her". 

"I bought a pistol from a local store, and when in the evening my parents came back, I walked down the stairs, saw my mum on the computer and I shot her, looked around for my father, saw him on the other computer, at this time he ran under the table and I shot 7times at him through the table, saw a bottle of coke on the table, drank it and then called the police".


According to mass speculations, Joshua is just trying to blame his crimes on violent Video games, music and films but this is what he has to say "I dont blame anything or anyone for that day, but for a mentally deranged person like I was back then, those things are really a ticking time bomb".

According to Joshua, after killing his parents, he didn't feel any remorse after killing his parents because at that time, all that was on his mind was to kill and end his life.

Warner Bros Co., the company responsible for the matrix triology has refused to comment on Joshua Cooke's case.

No comments: